Singapore Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee and Atos Origin Sign Memorandum of Intent
MOI for the provision of the technology solutions marks major milestone in preparations for the inaugural Youth Olympic Games in 2010
Singapore, 1 December 2008 – The Singapore Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee (SYOGOC) and Atos Origin today signed a Memorandum of Intent (MOI) under which, SYOGOC and Atos Origin – the Worldwide IT Partner for the Olympic Games – will jointly define the partnership areas to provide and manage the information technology (IT) solutions and services for the inaugural Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games (Singapore 2010).
2. As the Worldwide IT Partner for the Olympic Games, Atos Origin possesses the expertise and experience in understanding the IT requirements for Singapore 2010. It will be responsible for designing, building and operating the IT infrastructure and systems that are critical for the smooth and secure operation of the Games.
3. In addition to its role as main system integrator, Atos Origin will explore the provision of two key IT systems. Firstly, the Games Management System (GMS), which provides IT support for the management and organisation of Singapore 2010, and secondly, the Information Diffusion System (IDS), which relays onsite competition results and information to the media, Olympic family members and viewers around the world.
4. “The use of information technology is vital for an international, multi-sport event like the Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games,” said Goh Kee Nguan, Chief Executive Officer, SYOGOC. “The success of the Games relies on the effective management of a mix of technology, processes and people. This MOI with ATOS Origin is a significant milestone in our preparation for Singapore 2010, which has now progressed into the operational planning phase.”
5. “As the Worldwide IT Partner for the International Olympic Committee (IOC), we are honoured to be partnering SYOGOC to define the critical IT systems and service levels for Singapore 2010,” said Siow Wee Loong, Managing Director, Atos Origin, ASEAN. “The inaugural Youth Olympic Games is a very prestigious sporting event for Singapore. Atos Origin will leverage on our experience in delivering large, complex and mission critical projects to ensure that the IT systems contribute to the success of the Games.”
6. Atos Origin has been providing IT services and support for many of the world’s large events for over 20 years. This includes the integration and management of IT systems for the past four Olympic Games, Beijing (2008), Torino (2006), Athens (2004) and Salt Lake City (2002). In addition, Atos Origin will provide the IT systems for the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Games and London 2012 Summer Olympic Games. The IT partnership with Atos Origin for Singapore 2010 is another testimony to its experience, in-depth knowledge and reliability in delivering critical IT technology for large-scale events, where there is no margin for error.
7. “We are glad to have Atos Origin as our IT Partner for Singapore 2010 and we are confident that the technological needs of the Games will be well taken care of,” said Mr Goh. “We are also actively exploring partnership and sponsorship opportunities with different companies, as that will contribute
greatly to the success of the Games. We want the athletes, officials, spectators and all who are part of the Games, to have an enjoyable and memorable experience at this historic event.”
About Singapore 2010
Singapore has the honour of hosting the first Youth Olympic Games (YOG) from 14 to 26 August 2010. The YOG is a new initiative by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to engage the youth of the world through the twin pillars of
Sport, and Culture and Education.
The Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games will receive some 3,500 athletes and 800 officials from the 205 National Olympic Committees (NOCs), along with estimated 800 media representatives, 7,000 local and international volunteers, and more than 500,000 spectators. Young athletes - aged from 14 to 18 years - will compete in 26 sports and take part in cultural and educational activities.
Singapore 2010 will deliver a lasting sports, culture and education legacy for Singapore and youths from around the world, as well as enhance and elevate the sporting culture locally and regionally. With excellent infrastructure, world
class sports facilities and hardworking people with a can-do attitude, Singapore is a choice city for hosting international, multi-sport events, and a vibrant global city to live, work and play.
For more information, please visit http://www.singapore2010.sg
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is an international consulting and information technology (IT) services company. Its business is turning client vision into results through the application of consulting, systems integration and managed operations. The company\‘s annual revenues are more than EUR 5.8 billion and it employs 50,000 people in 40 countries. Atos Origin is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games.
In Asia Pacific, Atos Origin has its regional headquarters in Singapore and has 2,000 employees in 8 countries and regions servicing clients in Financial Services; Discrete Manufacturing; Telecom & Utilities; Process Industries;
CPG/Retail and Public Sector. Atos Origin Asia Pacific is a top 50 IT company in ZDNet Asia’s Top Tech Index 2006/7; We are also ranked amongst the top 25 enterprise players in the financial services industry by American Banker and Financial Insights (an IDC company) in Nov 2007.
For more information, please visit http://www.atosorigin.com
# # #
Name: Joey Chen
Organization: Singapore Youth Olympic Games Organising Committee
Phone: +(65) 9618 6306
Please refer all questions to the company listed above issuing the press release. SFC will not be able to assist you with any inquiries and disclaims any content in these press releases.